2018 Concord Patriots Day Parade
Be here for the Concord Patriots Day Parade on Monday, April 16, 2018 at 9:00am (to watch) in Concord, Massachusetts. The huge annual parade includes all the Minute Men and Militias from Concord, Wayland, Acton, Westford, Sudbury, Lincoln, and many other communities west of Boston that converged on Concord in 1775. The Concord Patriots Day Parade also includes musicians, color guards, and visiting local, state, U.S., and foreign dignitaries with ties to Concord. The parade covers about 2.5 miles total, and occurs regardless of the weather conditions. The Concord Patriots Day Parade begins in Concord Center, passes over North Bridge at about 9:30, and then heads back into town. Times are always approximate.
Concord Patriots Day Parade
Members of the Connecticut Line (the Color Guard unit of the Connecticut Society SAR) will, once again, march in the Patriots’ Day Parade in Concord, Massachusetts. This parade will commemorate the 242nd anniversary of the beginning of the American Revolutionary War.
Concord Patriots Day Parade Details:
- Date: Monday, Patriot’s Day
- Parade Formation – 8:00 AM
- Parade Step-Off – 9:00 AM
- Parade Start: Armory at the corner of Stow Street and Everett Street.
- Parade Parking: Arrive Early- Alcott School Parking Area at the end of Stow
- Additional parking on Hubbard, Thoreau and Walden Streets. REMEMBER the parking lots fill up fast.
- REMEMBER – Roads begin to close after 8:00 AM
- NO musket firing in the parade. NO flintlock pistols (MA law).
- ALL cartridge boxes are to be EMPTY as per National Park Service rules and Massachusetts law.
- NO sunglasses, dark lenses, etc. All non-18th century items are to be hidden.
- This is a NSSAR Historic Ceremony and a Silver Color Guard Medal Event.
Mark your calendar today so you don’t miss the next Concord Patriots Day Parade in Concord, Massachusetts on Patriot’s Day Monday.
Tags: Concord Patriots Day Parade, Concord Massachusetts Patriots Day Parade, Patriots Day Parade