2019 Historic Village at Allaire Civil War Encampment
Experience Civil War era life at the 9th Annual Historic Village at Allaire Civil War Encampment on June 1-2, 2019 at the Allaire State Park in Farmingdale, New Jersey. Join the Historic Village at Allaire as they welcome the Civil Skirmish and Encampment Group to our grounds as they re-enact life during the Civil War throughout various areas of the village. Join the crowds in watching and participate in military drills, meet President Lincoln, and converse with influential military figures. Learn about the lives of soldiers and civilians. A skirmish between Confederate and Union Troops will take place in the heart of the village!
Historic Village at Allaire Civil War Encampment
Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Event fee of $5 per car (to benefit The Historic Village at Allaire’s educational programming). Other donations appreciated.
Special lecture series, musical programs, camp tours and much more taking place. The event will be updated with the schedule of events when the time gets closer, but some planned activities include: a historic baseball game played with 1860 rules, artillery demonstrations, a dress parade, and various skirmishes throughout the day.
Tour the Historic Village at Allaire
Historic homes, craft shops, stores, and exhibit halls at Allaire to be open for the event!
Welcome to “Crossroads to Gettysburg”!
- Licensed Battlefield Guides from Gettysburg will lead tours following Federal regiments on their route to a date with destiny!
- The Historic Village of Allaire will serve as the backdrop for the towns of Hanover Junction, PA, Emmitsburg, MD, Frederick, MD and Taneytown, MD as the troop make their way in pursuit of the invading Confederates.
- The Allaire Mansion will be converted into the President Lincoln’s summer White House in Georgetown.
- Soldiers will enter the Village from different points to create the illusion of various towns adjacent to the Mason-Dixon line. Rebel skirmishers will delay the advancing troops who will be pressed into many different lines of battle along their journey.
- On Sunday, we will stage the opening of the Battle of Gettysburg with a recreation of the McPherson’s Ridge segment of the engagement.
About the Historic Village at Allaire
The Historic Village at Allaire is a non-profit, living history museum, located within Allaire State Park in Farmingdale, New Jersey. They manage and operate a 40 acre historic site, which includes a museum and multiple buildings from the 1800s. Their historic interpreters and guides provide visitors with a unique look at life inside an industrial village in 1836, and we host over 50 events each year, like the annual Historic Village at Allaire Civil War Encampment. The Historic Village at Allaire does not receive state funding, and relies on grants, donations, memberships, retail sales, and fundraisers to help support our efforts to provide educational programming to the public.
Mark your calendar today so you don’t miss the next Historic Village at Allaire Civil War Encampment in June at the Allaire State Park in Farmingdale, New Jersey.
Tags: Historic Village at Allaire Civil War Encampment, Allaire Civil War Encampment, Crossroads to Gettysburg, Crossroads to Gettysburg Reenactment, Civil War Reenactment