2019 Womens Primitive Skills Weekend
Experience Colonial Era life at the 20th Annual Womens Primitive Skills Weekend on May 17-20, 2019 at the Paul Bunyan Rifle Club in Puyallup, Washington. The Womens Primitive Skills Weekend is a weekend for women to share crafts, skills and conversation and to step back in time to the “Mountain Man/Colonel” era. This was the time period between 1780 and 1840 in North America. We learn to do and make those things our ancestors used to survive in the primitive world of trappers and traders. We have women who attend from all over the US and Canada. Early registration is advised since we fill up fast.
First Timers Information
THIS IS A WOMENS EVENT ONLY. MEN/BOYS, CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 AND VISITORS ARE NOT INVITIED OR ALLOWED AT THIS EVENT.
- The Womens Primitive Skills Weekend Starts at noon on Friday and ends around 2:00pm on Sunday
- Pick up your packet on Friday from 10:30 on. Here you will find what class you have for sure. This will be found at the Registration Tent.
- This event is for Women Only, our ages are from 13 up and 13 to 16 require that you read and sign our “Young Ladies Rules / Contract.
- All participants must be in 1780-1840 attire. This includes the following: American Colonial, North American Indian & Mountain Man style. We have clothing available for those that need attire through our Granny’s Closet. All we ask is please let I know what you need and size before the event. Once the event has started we require all attendees to be dressed in primitive attire. Bring appropriate footwear for the weather.
- Our gates open up for camp set-up on Thursday at 9am in our Primitive, Modern Tent and RV areas. You must check in first.
- We offer a WPS 101 class to help “First Timers” understand the ins and outs of the Womens Primitive Skills Weekend, and it is strongly encouraged that you attend.
Womens Primitive Skills Weekend Mini Gallery
General Event Information
- We have port a potties on site for your convenience. We ask that nothing but the 3 “P’s” go in, “Pee, Poop and Paper (toilet paper)”
- There is some drinking water on site. There is no dumpster or trash cans available so please pack your trash out.
- We have a potluck on Friday and Saturday evenings, for this we ask that you “Bring a Dish, Share a Dish” also you will need to bring a plate and eating utensils. If you can avoid plastic containers we would appreciate it. When the potluck is over please remember to collect the dish/container that you brought. If the container is left it may be auctioned off.
- If you have a dog that you have to bring, PLEASE remember that you are responsible for it; keeping it leashed at all times, feeding and watering, making sure of where it takes care of its business and need to pick up said business large or small. Please be a responsible owner.
What to bring for yourself.
- Chair, cover if not period correct.
Dish, silverware, glass or cup, no plastic bottles unless covered in cloth or leather bag
- Bag or basket for scissors, pins, sewing needles, etc for classes. Also any thing else that may have been listed in the class discription.
- Be prepared for rain or shine.
- There is a Fred Meyers and other Covenienes Store close to our event.
- If you have any other questions concerning our event please contact me at ShortCake2rs@gmail.com with the words ” WPS Question” in the subject line.
Classes & Activities
The Womens Primitive Skills Weekend offers a variety of different classes. Please list the top 3 classes that you would like to take on your registration. By doing this we can guarantee that you will get at least 1 of your top 3 choices. Keep in mind that we have registration for classes every morning for that day’s classes so your day will be full. If for some reason you change your mind on a class that you have chosen and will not be attending please return the card for that class to the registration tent prior to the class time, so that someone else can have the chance to attend it. Also keep in mind that we are giving you the knowledge to do the projects at home, so the materials that we provide my not be in the color that you would normal use.
Be on time for classes so that everyone’s day can go smoother. It will also help you in your classes to have your own chair, scissors, pins, sewing needles. Also any thing else that may have been listed in the class description.
Paul Bunyan Rifle Club
17902 Meridian East
Puyallup, WA 98375
For More Information
Call Karla (253) 927-1296 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions: When coming from the north: Follow I-5 S to WA-167 N/E R St in Tacoma. Take exit135 from I-5 S Take Pioneer Way E and Woodland Ave E to WA-161 S/Meridian Ave E When coming for the south: Follow I-5 N and WA-512 E to 94th Ave E/9th St SW in Puyallup. Take the 9th St SW/94th Ave E exit from WA-512 E Merge onto I-5 N Take exit 127 to merge onto WA-512 E toward Puyallup Take the 9th St SW/94th Ave E exit Continue on 94th Ave E. Drive to WA-161 S/Meridian Ave E
Mark your calendar today so you don’t miss the next Womens Primitive Skills Weekend at the Paul Bunyan Rifle Club in Puyallup, Washington.
Tags: Womens Primitive Skills Weekend, Primitive Skills Weekend