2019 Fort Connah Spring Rendezvous
Join us for the Annual Fort Connah Spring Rendezvous on May 4-5, 2019 at the 1846 historic Hudson’s Bay Fort Connah Trading Post six miles north of St. Ignatus, Montana at mile marker 39 on Hwy 93. Each May, the Fort Connah Restoration Society hosts their annual Spring Open House Rendezvous which depicts life during the fur trading era of Montana. This is a great opportunity to see the 1847 historic Hudson’s Bay Fort Connah Trading Post come to life! This event will be FREE TO THE PUBLIC.
Fort Connah Spring Rendezvous
The Fort Connah Spring Rendezvous is free to the public and includes demonstrations of time-era activities, chuckwagon-style bar-b-que, bake goods sale, beer & wine, crafts and kids games. There will be historical talks after the opening ceremony on Saturday.
Public Welcome – Free Admission
Hours: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday
- 12:00 p.m. Opening Ceremony (Saturday only)
- 12:30 p.m. Fort Connah history (Saturday only)
- Meals available both days
- Bake sale all day both days
- Living History Demonstrations all day both days: Black powder weaponry, fry bread cooking, wool working, fiber arts, atlatl throwing, knife throwing, use of bow and arrows
- Rides from parking lot to trading post $2.00 for adults; Society Members and children are free.
- Children activities each day
- 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Saturday only) Authors Bob Bigart and Joe McDonald will be signing books about Duncan McDonald’s life and other local history books.
- Free appraisals of trade goods and treasures by Preston Miller.
Camping & Vendors free with current Fort Connah Restoration Society (FCRS) Membership.
Fort Connah Trading Post
71450 Highway 93 North
St. Ignatius, MT 59865
6 miles North of St. Ignatus at mile marker 39 on Hwy 93
For More Information:
Carolyn Corey 406-745-4336 email@example.com
Booshway Bob Saint-Louis firstname.lastname@example.org
Segundo Preston Miller 406-745-4336 email@example.com
About Fort Connah Trading Post
The site of Fort Connah is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Fort Connah was a Hudson’s Bay Trading Post established in 1846. One of the three original buildings still remains and is believed to be the oldest standing building in Montana. The fort was active from 1846 to 1871. Another cabin has been moved onto the property and renovated for administrative purposes, historical artifacts and displays. An 1870s log cabin-building has also been moved to Fort Connah for renovation. These two cabins and the original building will replicate the buildings that once made-up the original trading post. A semi-annual rendezvous gathering happens in May and September every year. A black powder shooting range is now complete and ready for use.
Mark your calendar today so you don’t miss the next Fort Connah Spring Rendezvous on the first weekend in May at the 1847 historic Hudson’s Bay Fort Connah Trading Post six miles north of St. Ignatus, Montana.
Tags: Fort Connah Spring Rendezvous, Fort Connah Spring Open House Rendezvous, Fort Connah, Fort Connah Restoration Society, Fort Connah Rendezvous