2019 Sierra Muzzle Loaders Spring Rendezvous
Experience fur trade era life at the 29th Annual Sierra Muzzle Loaders Spring Rendezvous on May 17-19, 2019 at the Sierra Muzzle Loaders Club Site in Forbestown, California. We are a family-oriented black powder club with activities for kids and adults. Our love of history and the mountain man era is what brings the Sierra Muzzleloaders together. We share a passion for a true living history experience. For our Open Rendezvous there are three areas designated for camping: Primitive area (all visible equipment pre-1840), Open Camping area (a mix of primitive and modern camping equipment) and Tin Tipi (RVs and trailers, no hook-ups). There is also an area set aside for Traders’ Row.
Sierra Muzzle Loaders Spring Rendezvous
You’ll find several ranges to test your skills including hawk and knife, archery, rifle, pistol, trade gun, trade pistol, a number of specialty shoots and a cannon and mortar shoot. Primitive dress is encouraged but not required, except for those choosing to camp in our primitive camping area.
Friday Night Pot Luck: $5 per person, plus bring a small dish to share. We will serve until our we are out. First come first serve.
All Visitors are Welcome at No Charge!
To stay in the spirit of the Sierra Muzzle Loaders Spring Rendezvous, anyone visiting after dusk is asked to be in period dress. A “Rendezvous Clothes Closet” is available for visitors who wish to borrow period clothing.
$20 Single – $30 Family
Sierra Muzzle Loaders Spring Rendezvous Events
* Rifle * Pistol * Trade Gun
* Trade Pistol * Shotgun * Archery * Hawk and Knife
* Period Drink Contest (minimum 1 quart – Saturday 5:30 pm)
* Council Campfire (Saturday 7:00 p.m.) Stories & Music
* Cannon & Mortar (Sunday 9:00 am)
* Awards & Raffle (Sunday 11:00 am)
* No Smoking Allowed on Range
* No Alcohol Allowed on Range
* No Greased Patches
* No Direct Loading From Powder Horn or Flask
* Children Must be Supervised Bring Firewood and Water
* Children Must Wear Eye/Ear Protection
* Pack Out all Your Trash and Leave Area Clean
* Pets Must be Attached to Leash at all Times
* No Flashlights in Primitive Camp Areas
* No Cigarette Butts on Ground or Fire Pit
* No Cutting of Any Trees/No Chainsaws
* Respect Your Fellow Campers
* Depending on weather conditions at the time of the rendezvous, fires may not be allowed.
* Updates will be posted on the club website and facebook pages (see links in right column.
Trader’s Welcome with No Trader’s Fee.
Please do not bring vinyl/plastic items to display in your trading area.
Sierra Muzzle Loaders Club Site
Forbestown Road & New York Flat Road
Forbestown, CA 95941
Booshway: Dave Riggs (Cookies)-(916) 333-1223 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
El Segundo: Michael Christopher (Greytop)-(530) 345-4906 Email: email@example.com
Mark your calendar today so you don’t miss the next Sierra Muzzle Loaders Spring Rendezvous at the Sierra Muzzle Loaders Club Site in Forbestown, California.
Tags: Sierra Muzzle Loaders Spring Rendezvous, Sierra Muzzle Loaders Spring Open Rendezvous, California Rendezvous, California Mountain Man Rendezvous