White Nymo Thread - Size A Spools are priced per 500 Yard Spool
Nymo thread is best for gourd stitch, earrings, lazy stitch, applique and weft threads (sewing on the beads, not the warp threads) for loomwork. The size of nymo thread to use
depends on the size seed beads. See the bullet list below for thread/bead recommended sizes.
Nymo thread use by size:
- Size "A" Nymo Thread (or "OO") is best for size 13/0 and smaller beads.
- Size "B" Nymo Thread is good for sizes 11/0 and 12/0 beads.
- Size "D" Nymo Thread works well for both 10/0 and 11/0 beads.
- Size "F" Nymo Thread is quite heavy and is good for sizes 5/0 & 8/0 pony beads, as well for an all around craft thread for heavy duty sewing of items like moccasins, clothing,
drumstick heads, leather bags and similar items.
Cotton thread use by type/size:
- Use quilting thread for 12/0 and smaller seed beads
- Use button & carpet for 10/0 and 11/0 size seed beads.
- For warp threads (the ones on the loom before you start to attach beads", cotton thread is recommended as it does not stretch like Nymo.
- NOTE: Nymo thread can also be used for warp threads, but it should be pre-stretched before use, even for gourd or lazy stitch.
- Always coat your thread with beeswax as this helps prevent tangling and prolongs the life of the thread.