Traditional Native American Stories for Children
Tales of Wonder I:
An enchanting collection of Indian stories and legends handed down from generation to generation. Entertainment for the whole family.
- "Winner" - 1999 Telly Award
- "Winner" - Award of Distinction - Press Release
- "Winner" - 1999 Honors National Parenting Publications Award
- "Winner" - Parents Guide to Children's Media Award
This new video is narrated by acclaimed storyteller and linguist, Gregg Howard. who was recently awarded Storyteller of the Year by the Wordcraft Circle of Native Writers and Storytellers. Accompanied by Flutist Nash Hernandez and gifted sketch artist Kathleen Raymond Roan, who illustrates the stories as they unfold, Gregg entertains his audience with nine stories in all. Running Time 60 minutes.
Stories included on Tales of Wonder I are:
- Rabbit & the Bear
- Why Rabbit has a Short Tail - Listen
- Why Possum's Tail is Bare
- The Ruby Necklace
- Plieades and the Pine Tree
- Why Little Grey Bat Flies at Night
- Little Turtle and How His Shell Got Cracked
- The Origin of Fire
- How Deer Got the Antlers Instead of Rabbit
Tales of Wonder II:
Tales of Wonder II is produced in the same award winning style as Tales of Wonder. Native American Stories for Children which received the prestigious Parenting Magazine Video of the Year 2000 Award, Parents Guide to Children's Media Award and the 1999 National Parenting Publication Award.
Tales of Wonder II, includes nine fireside stories told in the Native American tradition by acclaimed storyteller and linguist, Gregg Howard and accompanied by Flutist, William P. Gutierrez. Talented sketch artist Haley Burke creates drawings as the stories come to life. Tales of Wonder II entertains children and adults alike with Gregg's traditional way of Native American storytelling. DVD - Running Time 60 minutes.
Stories included on Tales of Wonder II are:
- Flying Squirrel
- Hawk & Hunter
- Daughter of the Sun
- Sky People
- Dream Catcher
- The Ball Game
- Orgin of Bluebonnets